[Pljava-dev] zlib conflict on Debian AMD64 ???

From: J(dot)Kraaijeveld at Askesis(dot)nl (Joost Kraaijeveld)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] zlib conflict on Debian AMD64 ???
Date: 2006-07-14 18:33:00
Lists: pljava-dev

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 19:34 +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I also learned that this is no longer an issue in the in the coming 8.2
> version of PostgreSQL since the backend no longer links with zlib. In
> fact, there's no reason for it to link with zlib in 8.1 either. So a
> safe workaround is to:
>
> 1. preserve your current pg_dump/pg_restore (the only two programs that
> use zlib)
> 2. configure using --without-zlib and rebuild and reinstall PostgreSQL
> 3. restore pg_dump/pg_restore
Alas, until I have a *working* "apt-get install" (yep, Debian and even
more simple users than developers ;-) ) I cannot use pl/java.

I do have a working (and async!!!!) trigger mechanisme using
notify/listen an additional bean and JBoss, so for the moment I am
rescued. I even doubt if I want to abandon the async part if pl/java
works....

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld