[Pljava-dev] newbie sqlj.install_jar problem

From: mark81 at gmail(dot)com (Mark Mitchell)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] newbie sqlj.install_jar problem
Date: 2006-11-10 15:03:00
Lists: pljava-dev

I am new to this as well, but it sounds like postmaster can't find the
JVM libraries...

See this section of the wiki:
http://wiki.tada.se/wiki/display/pljava/Posix+Installation

Of the two options presented for the part of that Posix+Installation page:

Ensure that the JRE shared libraries can be found by the Postmaster
backend. This can be done in different ways depending on platform.
Here are two suggestions (the i386 directory will of course be named
something suitable for your CPU architecture):

1. Setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment will work on most
Linux/Unix platforms. A good place to do this is usually the file
/etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$JRE_HOME/lib/i386:$JRE_HOME/lib/i386/client

Apparently, on some Linux platforms you will also need to append

:$JRE_HOME/lib/i386/native_threads

2. Add a file named postgresql to the directory /etc/ld.so.conf.d
that looks like this:

<jre-home>/lib/i386
<jre-home>/lib/i386/client

The <jre-home> must be expanded. Then use /sbin/ldconfig to make
this new setting effective.

I did the #2 option on my CentOS 4 machine and had success (though I
had Java 1.5.0_09)...

Regards,

-Mark