[Pgbuildfarm-members] VPN option?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PGBuildFarm <pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] VPN option?
Date: 2006-06-20 17:56:36
Lists: buildfarm-members

I had an idea today that could be useful. How would members feel about
providing a VPN using OpenVPN, connecting back to a server with very
tightly controlled privileges - maybe Tom Lane and I would be the only
people allowed to connect back to the client machines, or maybe
committers - at any rate some very small group. This would of course be
optional, but it might help to short-circuit problem fixes.

Note: OpenVPN supports almost all the platforms we support, which is one
reason I picked it, but I am open to other suggestions.

Does this seem like a good idea to anyone?

Another question would be how we manage it? Nail up connections or make
them on demand? If on demand then the clients would need to poll the
server to see if a connection is needed.

cheers

andrew