Re: Contributing code

From: Tim Allen <tim(at)proximity(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Don Y <pgsql(at)DakotaCom(dot)Net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Contributing code
Date: 2006-05-18 01:52:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Don Y wrote:

> So, I'll deploy them and get feedback on which features I
> may need to add (some of the data types are probably a bit
> too exotic for most users). I figure I can always contribute
> them just before a release...

Just before a release would actually be a bad time to contribute the
code, if you want to get it accepted into PostgreSQL, as the people who
would be competent to review and potentially accept it all tend to be
very busy just before a release. There have been disappointed people in
the past for that very reason. The earlier you publish your code, the
better.

Tim

Tim Allen tim(at)proximity(dot)com(dot)au
Proximity Pty Ltd http://www.proximity.com.au/