Re: Contributing code

From: Don Y <pgsql(at)DakotaCom(dot)Net>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Contributing code
Date: 2006-05-17 17:46:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:12:05PM -0700, Don Y wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to have one of my user defined data types
>> reviewed/critiqued to see if there are things that I am
>> not doing properly? Or, other things that I should be
>> including? Or, should I just contribute it and hope
>> for the best? (if so, how do I do that?)
>
> Put it on a website somewhere and link to. Interested parties could
> then look at it...

An associate pointed out the obvious: let it run in production
for a few months; that will find far more *realistic* issues
than a casual inspection would! (Gee, does he distrust my
code? :> ).

So, I'll deploy them and get feedback on which features I
may need to add (some of the data types are probably a bit
too exotic for most users). I figure I can always contribute
them just before a release...

--don