advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)

From: FM <dist-list(at)LEXUM(dot)UMontreal(dot)CA>
Subject: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)
Date: 2006-04-11 12:11:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
Next month I will receive my SAN and a new server. Using Redhat Cluster
Suite + GFS, I'd like to create a PGSQL active/passive cluster.

Do you have some advice about this setup or advice for PGSQL Clustering ?
For now, we are using 7.4.x but we will migrate to 8.1.x

My passive server will be a VMWare Virtual host with the same amount of
memory then the active node.

Thanks !