Re: postgresql-R

From: Louis Gonzales <louis(dot)gonzales(at)linuxlouis(dot)net>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-R
Date: 2006-03-07 20:58:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Based on:

Postgres based Replication Projects

PG Replication

Postgres-R: Dr. Kemme's Site, Paper, Publications, Replication Work, The Horus Project and Emsemble

DRAGON: Database Replication based on Group Communication

The Slony-1 Project

PGCluster

DBBalancer

PostgreSQL Replicator: Tutorial, Paper, Techdocs

eRServer: Techdocs

DBMirror: Will be in the 7.3 contrib directory.

Usogres: Techdocs

From: http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgreplication/genpage.php?replication_research

I was under the impression that "Postgres-R" - I misspelled it as "postgresql-R" - is a database clustering software. I downloaded the sources for this and it's supposed to work with "spread." I apologize if I'm mistaken?

I will certainly take a look into Slony-1, as you suggest. Did you have any good links to this? Have you gone through an install on Solaris 9 w/Postgresl v8.0?

WAN != LAN, where my database server is not in the same city as the target system to cluster with; for my worse case scenario, could be from east coast to west coast.

Kind regards,