Re: postgresql-R

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Louis Gonzales <louis(dot)gonzales(at)linuxlouis(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-R
Date: 2006-03-07 20:35:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 03:29:37PM -0500, Louis Gonzales wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if anybody has had much experience with postgresql-R, or
> being able to do database replication in a WAN environment.
> Basically, does anybody have any good links/docs on doing this with
> Solaris 9, postgresql v8.0?

If I'm not mistaken, pgreplication (which I'm guessing is what you mean
by postgresql-R) is part of the basis for the upcomming Slony-II.

Right now, depending on what you mean by 'WAN', your best bet is
probably Slony-I. If you're not doing a large update volume and the
connections to your remote sites are reliable it should work OK.