Re: Does this look ethical to you?

From: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: George Pavlov <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Date: 2006-01-24 04:14:14
Lists: pgsql-general

George Pavlov wrote:
> they have the same kind of page setup for pg Admin:
>
> http://pgsql.navicat.com/PG_Admin/index.php
>
> this one renders...
>
> both pages seem to tell robots not to cache them, so can't view a cached
> view on google.

At least PG Admin is free software and doing that is not really hurting
anyone since (at least I don't think) no one is making money off of PG
Admin III.

I do mention my product as a PG Admin III alternative but I would never
use Navicat or EMS PG Manager by name anywhere on my site. I use words
like "Other Companies" etc.

I would like to know how they get such good placment on all the search
engines, you do a search on "Postgresql GUI admin" and all you get on
the first page is their stuff.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto