database owner does not own public schema

From: Kevin Murphy <murphy(at)genome(dot)chop(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: database owner does not own public schema
Date: 2005-11-02 21:18:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Why, when I create a new database owned by a specified user (createdb
--owner=somebody), would the public schema in that database not be owned
by the user and moreover not be writable by the user? I'm using a fresh
install of 8.1rc1, but the same thing seems to happen with an unfresh 8.0.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy