Re: Backend crash with user defined aggregate

From: Ron Mayer <ron(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backend crash with user defined aggregate
Date: 2005-09-24 21:02:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmm. Now that I look at it again, that message implies that something
> sent SIGTERM to the backend. You need to figure out where that signal
> is coming from and why. ...
> is it possible that you've started your postmaster with finite limits
> on process runtime? What is the platform exactly, anyway?

Thanks. That's something for me to look into monday. I don't think
there was a process runtime, but there might have been a memory limit.
The platform was a SuSE 9.1 on x86 but with so many updates & upgrades
from so many sources (rpm, apt, rcd, yast, tar.gz) that it's hard to
tell what it really is anymore. Monday I'll try to reproduce on a
cleaner system and/or look for the SIGTERM with strace or something.