Re: running vacuum in scripts

From: "Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)" <postgresql4(at)ultimeth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: running vacuum in scripts
Date: 2005-09-20 18:42:07
Lists: pgsql-general

You can set up pg_hba.conf so that only certain Unix users that have
access to the local Unix PostgreSQL socket can access the database
without a password (every other process uses a TCP/IP connection); then
move the socket location to other than /tmp and restrict its access w/
Unix controls. Details are in the PostgreSQL documentation, and it
works fine.

-- Dean