Re: policies and extensions

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Marc Munro <marc(at)bloodnok(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: policies and extensions
Date: 2020-02-18 03:28:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/17/20 2:46 PM, Marc Munro wrote:
> I tried to define a policy within an extension but the policy does not
> seem to belong to the extension. Is this the way it is supposed to be?
>
> This is postgres 9.5.21
>
> Here is the relevant code from the extension:
>
> create table rls2 (
>   username text not null,
>   details  text not null
> );
>
> create policy only_owner on rls2
>   for all
>   to session_user
>   using (username = user);
>
> The table, as expected, depends on the extension but the policy does
> not (determined by querying pg_depend).
>
> Am I missing something special about policies or is this an oversight?

?:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/sql-createpolicy.html

"The CREATE POLICY command defines a new row-level security policy for a
table. Note that row-level security must be enabled on the table (using
ALTER TABLE ... ENABLE ROW LEVEL SECURITY) in order for created policies
to be applied."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com