Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] log archiving and copmpression

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] log archiving and copmpression
Date: 2005-07-23 21:53:34
Lists: buildfarm-members

Larry Rosenman wrote:

>Can you set it up so we can specify the path to the tar and/or set up a way
>to pipe it
>>From tar to gzip?
>
>(/usr/local/bin/tar on my box is GNU tar, but it's NOT first in the $PATH.).

Sure, that's one possibility. We could put it in the config file. We do
that for make already, in case some people have a GNU make called
"gmake" instead of "make".

I am just wary of requiring people to have more than they need to build
postgres itself - this would be an additional requirement.

cheers

andrew