[Pgbuildfarm-members] new client code release, use of --force deprecated

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] new client code release, use of --force deprecated
Date: 2005-06-19 20:23:22
Lists: buildfarm-members

The new release of the client code (2.06) supports the following features:

. reports steps actually passed, instead of just which failed.
. config file support for mail events
. preliminary support for vpath builds - treat with caution.

It can be downloaded at
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/336/build-farm-2_06.tgz

I notice that some buildfarm members seem to be running with the --force
flag, or with the force_every config setting set very low. If you are
doing this PLEASE STOP. The --force flag is not intended for everyday
use, and the force_every setting should have a minimum of 168 (i.e. 1
week) if it is set at all - I recommend turning it off normally,
especially if you don't build old releases. Thanks for your help in this.

cheers

andrew