[Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] buildfarm notifications]

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] buildfarm notifications]
Date: 2005-06-19 00:59:07
Lists: buildfarm-members

here's a message I just sent in response to a request from Tom Lane:

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>comments welcome (buildfarm exists to help people on this list - if you
>>want something speak up).
>>

>There are a number of buildfarm machines that don't seem to have *ever*
>posted a successful run. In some cases this represents a genuine
>portability issue but in others it looks more like local
>misconfiguration. Can we do something to encourage people to fix these?

Yes. Thankyou for asking. Several of these have been inactive for quite
a while, and I will mark those as retired after giving their owners due
notice. Others I will chase up on a case by case basis.

We've never been completely clean on anything before REL8_0_STABLE, so
I'll be chasing the latest branches first. The obvious candidates are:

sysname| branch | latest
-------+---------------+---------------------
badger | HEAD | 2005-03-20 03:36:07
dove | HEAD | 2005-06-17 01:10:00
fantail | HEAD | 2004-12-06 23:04:43
muskrat | HEAD | 2005-01-10 22:16:41
osprey | HEAD | 2005-06-18 16:00:17
osprey | REL8_0_STABLE | 2005-06-17 22:00:17
penguin | REL8_0_STABLE | 2005-06-15 22:00:09

I intend to declare badger, fantail and muskrat as retired (a new status - we currently only use pending and approved) in a week's time unless their owners speak up.

If anyone else has a machine that is retired, please let me know.

Would the owners of dove, osprey and penguin please investigate what needs to be done to get their machines to a green state?

Feature Freeze is in just under 2 weeks - from then to release is the most critical time to detect bugs early, so please help by keeping your buildfamr members as healthy as possible, especially on the HEAD and REL8_0_STABLE branches.

Thanks

cheers

andrew