Postgresql and Software RAID/LVM

From: Steve Poe <spoe(at)sfnet(dot)cc>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql and Software RAID/LVM
Date: 2005-06-03 18:45:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

I have a small business client that cannot afford high-end/high quality
RAID cards for their next server. That's a seperate argument/issue right
there for me, but what the client wants is what the client wants.

Has anyone ran Postgres with software RAID or LVM on a production box?
What have been your experience?

I don't forsee more 10-15 concurrent sessions running for an their OLTP
application.

Thanks.

Steve Poe