Re: performance hit for replication

From: "Matthew Nuzum" <matt(dot)followers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Joshua D(dot) Drake'" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: performance hit for replication
Date: 2005-04-12 16:55:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

> >I'm eager to hear your thoughts and experiences,
> >

> Well with replicator you are going to take a pretty big hit initially
> during the full
> sync but then you could use batch replication and only replicate every
> 2-3 hours.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Thanks, I'm looking at your product and will contact you off list for more
details soon.

Out of curiosity, does batch mode produce a lighter load? Live updating will
provide maximum data security, and I'm most interested in how it affects the
server.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt(at)followers(dot)net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"