Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Error testing

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Nicolai Tufar <ntufar(at)tdmsoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] Error testing
Date: 2004-12-06 21:09:50
Lists: buildfarm-members

Nicolai Tufar wrote:

>It happened to me too.
>Even --verbose=2 did not report the reason. I just
>copied a manually checked out pgsql to HEAD/ directory
>and run "run_build.pl" again, it issuet cvs update and
>worked soothly thereafter.

You should NOT have to do this. I hope what you copied was a pristine
checkout, not one in which you had previously run configure, say.

If --verbose=2 isn't showing the cvs failure message then there's a
problem. The code says this:

print "======== cvs $cvsmethod log ===========\n",@cvslog
if ($verbose > 1);

Please make sure you're running the latest code. That's release 1.03. In
that release the version of run_build.pl is 1.11.

>Andrew, this error is not repeatable. It happened only in
>the beginnig a couple of times. Later when I run "run_build.pl"
>for branch REL7_4_STABLE it checked out the ful source just fine.

If it's not repeatable I don't know how to help you. You guys will have
to help me out here.

cheers

andrew