Re: Generated column and partitioning bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Maxim Gasumyants <m(at)gasumyants(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Generated column and partitioning bug
Date: 2022-02-04 18:04:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Maxim Gasumyants <m(at)gasumyants(dot)com> writes:
> I am running latest release of PostgreSQL 12.

Are you certain it's the latest? This looks suspiciously like
some Var-numbering bugs we fixed a year or so ago.

I failed to reproduce any problem in 12.9 on the basis of the
info you supplied. I suppose that there might be some additional
conditions needed, like a dropped column in the parent table,
but experimentation didn't find it.

It might be useful to show the results of

select attname, attnum, attisdropped from pg_attribute
where attrelid = 'products_product_offers'::regclass and attnum > 0;

Also, if you can make a self-contained SQL script that exhibits
the problem for you, that would be very useful.