Re: Ready to roll beta

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
Cc: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ready to roll beta
Date: 2004-09-08 08:05:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr wrote:

> So, I SHOUT! :)
>
> Can you let us a couple of day to manage all the build to be tested at least once.
> As discussed yesterday evening, I have some stuff to review (should not be too much) and I must take care of keyboard issues under debian.
> FC2 should be ok now thanks to Diego and Devrim but we should document the way --with-wx* configure options work as it was just the way to call them which was not correct.
>
> Can we wait until the WE ?
> Thx.

Well, this is an unfortunate situation. Beta1 win32 should roll ASAP to
be included in pginstaller Beta2 (which is overdue), but we need time
for *ix.

I'd vote for making a code freeze now, bumping up the version to Beta1
now, but delaying cvs tagging until all configuration stuff is fixed.

This way, we can get Beta1 for win32 out now, and have the time to tidy
up for *ix beta.

Regards,
Andreas