Release notes for upgrading

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Release notes for upgrading
Date: 2004-08-11 02:57:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Can we put in a recommendation in the release notes that people use 8.0
pg_dump to do their dump? I think that will make everyone's upgrades go
much more smoothly, and we will get many fewer complaints.

I don't think many users realise they can use the next version's pg_dump
to upgrade. I think it should be put in every release notes!

Chris