Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Rafia Sabih <rafia(dot)pghackers(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jim Nasby <jim(dot)nasby(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column
Date: 2024-07-16 08:53:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 15.07.2024 12:50, Rafia Sabih wrote:
> Well, it was just my opinion of how I would have liked it better, but
> of course you may decide against it, there is no strong feeling around
> it.
> And if you are on the fence with the opinion of having them in normal
> or extended mode, then maybe we can ask more people to chip in.

I am not against moving "Valid until" and "Connection limit" to extended mode.
It just seemed to me that without these two columns, the output of the command
is too short, so there is no reason in hiding them.

But you are right, we need more opinions.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional:https://postgrespro.com