Re: Filesystem Backup

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "manav" <manav(at)glue(dot)umd(dot)edu>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Filesystem Backup
Date: 2002-02-04 16:28:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

If I understand correctly, the only time a pure file system restore would
work to put back your data was if the instance was down when the file
systems were backed up. Otherwise, pg_dump of a database, or pg_dumpall of
the whole instance would be necessary.

If you were doing this for some other reason, this might not pertain. What
started this adventure?

--
Naomi Walker
Chief Information Officer