Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: HORDER Philip <Phil(dot)Horder(at)uk(dot)thalesgroup(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore of a reference database kills the auto analyze processing.
Date: 2024-05-23 14:45:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/23/24 06:01, HORDER Philip wrote:
> Classified as: {OPEN}
>
> I actually hadn't thought to look for Postgres bugs, the system is so reliable for us, it just doesn't go wrong!
>
> I can trigger the fault be running a reload of the lfm database, and we've been running Postgres 10 & 13 for several years now without seeing this problem.
>
> Our symptoms match that bug description exactly, so I'm pretty confident this is the problem.
> I'll have to push through the right paperwork to get a Postgres update, and that will take a while

While you are doing the paperwork make sure it is for upgrade to 15.7.
Also might mention minor upgrades (x in X.x) are a good idea as
Postgres, like any software, does get bugs and the minor releases fix
them. Point the folks in charge at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/release.html

Also minor releases as a rule do not require dump/restore or pg_upgrade
or other heavy lifting. There have been exceptions, but they are rare.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com