Re: Callable Statements

From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Juan Francisco Diaz <j-diaz(at)publicar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Callable Statements
Date: 2003-09-01 22:55:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I believe the version of the driver you are using will require a "? = "
before the call to indicate it is a function (based on the fact that
PostgreSQL implements everything as functions).

Try "{? = call BUSDatosPagina('"+lib+"')}"

Regards,
Fernando

Juan Francisco Diaz wrote:
> Hello, I downloades the latest version of the jdbc3 driver for pgsql but
> when I try to execute a callable, (actually when im preparaing it) I get the
> exception: Callable Statements are not supported at this time.
> Is it a problem of this version of the driver? Or the callable statements
> are NOT supported? If not, how should i proceed? The code snippet that
> throws the exception is:
>
> String cad = "{call BUSDatosPagina('"+lib+"')}";
> cs = con.base.prepareCall(cad);
> result = cs.executeQuery();
>
> Where con is a valid already created connection to the correct db.
>
> Thanks for your comments, help, insults (if im doing something wrong ONLY)
>

> JuanF
> (a newbie in evolution II )

Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9