Re: Might do the Danish translation

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Troels Arvin <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Might do the Danish translation
Date: 2003-07-07 23:19:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Troels Arvin wrote:

>Hello pgadmin hackers,
>
>I think I'll do the translation to Danish.

Hi Troels,

welcome to the pgAdmin Translators Team!

> Currently trying to make the
>gettext tools to work properly on my system.

Which OS do you use? On win32, poEdit will install everything for you.
On Linux, I got some lib problems with poEdit.

>Gosh - sometimes it's difficult to translate: A simple word like "view"
>doesn't make much sense in a database context if translated literally...

If you don't find a widely understood expression for "view", just don't
translate it.
How about this?

ERZEUGE SICHT dietollesicht ALS
WAEHLE spalte1, spalte2
VON tabelle1 T1
VERBINDE tabelle2 T2 BENUTZEND (schluesselspalte)
LINKS VERBINDE tabelle3 T3 AUF T3.nochnespalte=T2.nochnespalte
WO spalte1 > 5
GEORDNET NACH spalte1, spalte2

Hm, while looking at this, I'll propose to pgsql-hackers to translating
the parser as well... :-)

Regards,
Andreas