Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?

From: Andrew Snow <andrew(at)modulus(dot)org>
To: cmarin(at)dims(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Date: 2003-06-18 22:38:52
Lists: pgsql-general

This is an old postgres "gotcha" that I've lived with since a long, long
time ago. It forced me to always use the datestyle YYYY-MM-DD so there
is never any confusion in my programming.

I then convert the date to whatever the current user preference is, at
the application level or with an SQL query call to to_char().

I suggest that this is a good practice to follow.

- Andrew