Re: Autoconf Work

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Autoconf Work
Date: 2003-05-04 22:44:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>1) wxWindows 2.4.0-1
>I used the binaries from wxWindows.org website, which are built for GTK 1.2.
>Do you confirm GTK 1.2 should be used and not GTK 2.0 (which provides Unicode
>support).

Yes, It's GTK 1.2.

>g++ -c `wx-config --cflags` -I/usr/lib/wx/include
>-I/usr/lib/wx/contrib/include -Iinclude -I/usr/include -g -o ui/frmEditGrid.o
>ui/frmEditGrid.cpp
>cc1plus: AVERTISSEMENT: modification de l'ordonnancement de recherche du
>répertoire système « /usr/include »
>cc1plus: AVERTISSEMENT: comme il a été déjà spécifié comme répertoire non
>système
>ui/frmEditGrid.cpp:13:32: wx/generic/gridsel.h: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
>ce type
>ui/frmEditGrid.cpp: Dans member function « bool
> ctlSQLGrid::SetTable(wxGridTableBase*, bool) »:
>ui/frmEditGrid.cpp:298: utilisation invalide d'un type indéfini «struct
> wxGridSelection»
>/usr/include/wx/generic/grid.h:80: déclaration par l'avant (forward) de «
> struct wxGridSelection»

My french tends to abandon me here... If I understand it right, the file
gridsel.h isn't found.
The problem about the wxGrid is that some bugs are present in 2.4.0.
Namely, SetTable() can be called only once, so I wrote a replacement
version which needs that wxGridSelection class to clean it up (greetings
to Keith:-). This class isn't documented officially, maybe it's not
included in your binary distribution. For your convenience, I attached
the file.
So far, I haven't prepared patches for wxWindows, which would solve this
problem finally. But it would still take some time until it's included
in the distributions. So at the moment, we either need wxWindows 2.4.0
from source or the additional file. How about checking this file in
autoconf and copying it into place if missing?

Regards,
Andreas

>make: *** [ui/frmEditGrid.o] Erreur 1
>
>Any help welcome.