Re: Create function statement with insert statement

From: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: susan(at)hexworx(dot)com
Subject: Re: Create function statement with insert statement
Date: 2003-03-17 11:25:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

> I can select from this table although the output is slightly
different:

> lanname | lanispl | lanpltrusted | lanplcallfoid | lancompiler
> ----------+---------+--------------+---------------+-------------
> internal | f | f | 0 | n/a
> C | f | f | 0 | /bin/cc
> sql | f | f | 0 | postgres
> (3 rows)

That's ok, it changed slightly between versions.

Did you make any progress?

> Try re-writing your function in PL/pgSQL. BTW, I think I saw from your

> other post that you don't have PL/pgSQL installed in the database you
> are using. See the createlang program or CREATE LANGUAGE statement:

http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/app-createlang.html

http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/sql-createlanguage.html

I think Joe is right. Try PL/pgSQL, it's much more flexible anyway.

Regards, Christoph