Re: Create function statement with insert statement

From: "Susan Hoddinott" <susan(at)hexworx(dot)com>
To: "Christoph Haller" <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create function statement with insert statement
Date: 2003-03-18 02:01:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Chris,

Pleased to (finally) report success. Here are the solutions:

INSERT
---------
DROP FUNCTION orderinsert() ;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION orderinsert() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN
IF NEW.CUSTOMER_ID ISNULL THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION "CUSTOMER_ID cannot be NULL value" ;
END IF ;
IF NEW.CUSTOMER_SESSION ISNULL THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION "CUSTOMER_SESSION cannot be NULL value" ;
END IF ;

INSERT INTO HEXORDERS ( CUSTOMER_ID, ORDER_KEY, DISTRIBUTOR_ID,
ORDER_AMOUNT, ORDER_GST )
VALUES ( NEW.CUSTOMER_ID, NEW.CUSTOMER_SESSION, 1, 0, 0 ) ;

RETURN NEW ;
END ;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' ;

DROP TRIGGER HEXCUST_TRIGGER1 ON HEXCUSTOMERS;

CREATE TRIGGER HEXCUST_TRIGGER1
AFTER INSERT ON HEXCUSTOMERS
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE orderinsert() ;

UPDATE
----------
DROP FUNCTION orderupdate() ;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION orderupdate() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN
IF NEW.ORDER_ID ISNULL THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION ''ORDER_ID cannot be NULL value'' ;
END IF ;
IF NEW.CUSTOMER_ID ISNULL THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION ''CUSTOMER_ID cannot be NULL value'' ;
END IF ;

UPDATE HEXORDERS
SET ORDER_AMOUNT =

SELECT SUM(CUSTITEM_QUANTITY * (ITEM_BASEPRICE +
((CUSTITEM_USERS - 1) * ITEM_USEPRICE)))
FROM HEXCUSTITEMS, HEXITEMS
WHERE HEXCUSTITEMS.CUSTOMER_ID = NEW.CUSTOMER_ID
AND HEXCUSTITEMS.ORDER_ID = NEW.ORDER_ID
AND HEXCUSTITEMS.ITEM_ID = HEXITEMS.ITEM_ID
GROUP BY HEXCUSTITEMS.ORDER_ID,
HEXCUSTITEMS.CUSTOMER_ID ),
ORDER_GST =

SELECT SUM((CUSTITEM_QUANTITY * (ITEM_BASEPRICE +
((CUSTITEM_USERS - 1) * ITEM_USEPRICE))) * .1::numeric)
FROM HEXCUSTITEMS, HEXITEMS
WHERE HEXCUSTITEMS.CUSTOMER_ID = NEW.CUSTOMER_ID
AND HEXCUSTITEMS.ORDER_ID = NEW.ORDER_ID
AND HEXCUSTITEMS.ITEM_ID = HEXITEMS.ITEM_ID
AND CUSTITEM_GST = TRUE
GROUP BY HEXCUSTITEMS.ORDER_ID, HEXCUSTITEMS.CUSTOMER_ID )
WHERE ORDER_ID = NEW.ORDER_ID
AND CUSTOMER_ID = NEW.CUSTOMER_ID ;

RETURN NEW ;
END ;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' ;

DROP TRIGGER HEXCUSTITEMS_TRIGGER1 ON HEXCUSTITEMS;

CREATE TRIGGER HEXCUSTITEMS_TRIGGER1
AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON HEXCUSTITEMS
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE orderupdate() ;

DROP TRIGGER HEXCUSTITEMS_TRIGGER3 ON HEXCUSTITEMS;

CREATE TRIGGER HEXCUSTITEMS_TRIGGER3
AFTER DELETE ON HEXCUSTITEMS
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE orderupdate() ;

I still need to test each case but it now creates without errors. Thanks
for all your assistance.

Regards