PL/Perl on HPUX

From: Petre Scheie <petre(dot)scheie(at)nextelpartners(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PL/Perl on HPUX
Date: 2003-02-04 16:05:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

When I run './configure --with-perl' for 7.3.1 on an HPUX 11.0 system I
get the error about it not being able to build PL/Perl because libperl
is not a shared library, as mentioned in the installation docs. In my
case, I installed perl 5.8 using the package from the HP Porting &
Archive Center. The doc for 7.3.1 suggests that libperl IS a shared
library for most 'recent perl versions', so it seems like it should
work. But it doesn't. Is there a way around this? I checked the mail
archives and it looks like there's been some discussion of this, but no
clear answers (to me anyway).

Regards,

Petre Scheie