ODBC problem

From: mark <mark(at)marklonsdale(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC problem
Date: 2002-03-22 09:17:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

Please help... Im trying to connect to postgresql via ODBC using the
iodbc driver manager. As part of that package theres a odbctest
program that can be ran, however it appears to be failing. Im kind of
stumped as to where to go next as the error isn't too usefull.

The error I am getting in the iodbc tracefile is..

SQLDriverConnect( ... )
SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND

odbctest just exits with no usefull information..

When I run odbctest I connect to it using the connect string :
DSN=Postgres and It seems to be finding my odbc.ini file okay. My
odbc.ini file looks like

;
; odbc.ini
;
[ODBC Data Sources]
Postgres = Postgres

[Postgres]
Driver = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so.0
Host = localhost
Database = marksdb
TraceFile = /tmp/odbc.trace
Trace = 1

Im pretty new to this so its almost certainly an education problem. Is
there any better documentation on ODBC installation/configuration at all
for postgresql

Mark