what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source

From: Weiping He <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: what's the meaning of the word "Tioga" in source
Date: 2002-02-10 11:50:22
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,
I'm translating those backend NLS strings, but I can't figure out
what's the meaning of the word "recipe" (I guess it's not the normal
meaning),
searching through the source, I found that they belong to
backend/tioga/tgRecipe.c,
but the source didn't give me any help, so ask here:
what's the meaning of the wrod "tioga", I think it's a abbreviation,
right?
then how to understand "recipe" here?

thanks & regards laser