greetings

From: Ken Kline <ken(at)oldbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: greetings
Date: 2001-02-24 05:03:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have just joined the list a few days ago and am trying quite hard
to come up to speed with pgsql but i find documentaion frustratiing.
I think maybe it;s just a matter of finding things that are of the
correct
scope. I've been an Oracle developer for over 6 years so often I
know what it is I want to do but something is just a little different.
If there are others on the list that learned in Oracle then pgsql
please tell me what you think are the best resources.

Recently I did a google search on the key words "postgresql cursor loop"

the example below is all I could come up with but it doesn't seem
to work is this for an older version or am I just overlooking
something simple?

thanks

Ken

DECLARE emp_cursor CURSOR FOR
SELECT Salary, Title, Start, Stop
FROM Employee;
OPEN emp_cursor;
loop:
FETCH emp_cursor INTO :salary, :start, :stop;
if no-data returned then goto finished;
find position in linked list to insert this information;
goto loop;
finished:
CLOSE emp_cursor;