Re: plpgsql grief

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: rob <rob(at)dsvr(dot)net>, sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpgsql grief
Date: 2001-02-12 17:09:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

Rob,

>Just need the info - i can do the rest. I also, due to my
> business requirements, need to do this as quickly as possible - maybe
> not the expert you perhaps are

<grin> No expert at all, according to Tom Lane.

> As it goes I've implemented most of what I wanted in pl/tcl (having
> learned tcl today). That's all i need, and it makes me most happy :).

That's great! If I need to hire a pl/tcl expert, I now know who to
e-mail ...

While you're at it, how about writing a 2-5 page pl/tcl HOWTO to help
others who follow in your (frustrated) footsteps?

> Just thought the built in procedure implmentation would be quite mature
> by now.

Implementation is in its adolescence/young adulthood. Documentation is
still in its early childhood. We (the user base) will fix that, but not
this month.

-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533