Installing the Man pages

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Installing the Man pages
Date: 2000-07-11 22:45:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have Postgres 7.0.2 installed on my RedHat Linux 6.0 system, but
realized today that I hadn't built any of the manual pages or
documentation during that installation. I downloaded 7.0.2 again, did a
configure, and then followed the instruction to do 'gmake install' in
the src/postgresql-7.0.2/doc directory (in my case, the
/database/src/postgresql-7.0.2/doc directory).

The install script keeps wanting to put the man pages into
/usr/local/pgsql/src; however, on my system I have Postgres installed in
/database/local/pgsql. Is there someway that I can specify this
directory for the man pages?

Thanks.
-Tony