Re: to pass a parameter

From: NRonayette <r97m10(at)socotec(dot)fr>
To: Michael Ansley <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intecsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'jprem'" <jprem(at)srmsoft(dot)co(dot)in>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: to pass a parameter
Date: 2000-06-09 10:05:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael Ansley wrote:

> I'm under the impression that this substitution is performed by
> SQLPlus (somebody please correct me otherwise).

it's true ! It's only available for SQLPlus.

I'm a beginner with postgres, but i saw in the User's documentation that
we can create a SQL function to pass parameter

(i copy/paste)
Parameters

A parameter is used to indicate a parameter in a SQL function. Typically
this is used in SQL function definition statement. The
form of a parameter is:

$number

For example, consider the definition of a function, dept, as

CREATE FUNCTION dept (name)
RETURNS dept
AS 'select * from
dept where name=$1'