Re: libpq.so.2.1 missing

From: Ron Peterson <rpeterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>
To: Joseph <lters(at)mrtc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq.so.2.1 missing
Date: 2000-05-10 13:11:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Joseph wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade Linux Redhat 6.2 to use the 7.0RC1 RPMS.
>
> When I try to upgrade it always says it is missing libpq.so.2.1.
>
> How do I install that?

It probably is installed, but can't be found. You probably have a
directory /usr/local/pgsql, where PosgreSQL was installed. It could be
other places, but this is the standard if you install using ./configure,
make, make install.

There is a file /etc/ld.so.conf that says where to find shared
libraries. Add a line for the PosgreSQL libraries. I.E. - add a line
at the end of ld.so.conf that says /usr/local/pgsql/lib (assuming that's
where they are).

Then run ldconfig to re-read ld.so.conf. You want to do this as root.
Run 'ldconfig -v' to see verbose output.

--

As long as your upgrading anyway, throw out your release candidate, and
go get the real thing!

--

-Ron-