Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]
Date: 2000-01-08 03:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It did not use any Ingres code, as told to me by Jolly, I think. My
> book has Ingres mentioned as an "ancestor" of Postgres.

I suppose we could have figured this out ourselves, since Postgres was
originally written in Lisp, and afaik Ingres was always C or somesuch
traditional compiled-only code. We still see evidence of this in our
code tree with the way lists and parser nodes are handled.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California