Re: SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf

From: Charles Alexander Randle <caspanis(at)cybervale(dot)com>
To: Mark Alliban <MarkA(at)idnltd(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf
Date: 1999-12-17 15:00:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Mark,

I think your best bet for a solution to the index problem would be
posting a question to the sql mailing list , because I don't have a
solution to that .

1) The current postgresql source tree (Version 6.5.3) doesn't recognize
support for shared libraries under
SCO Openserver 5.0.5 . To get all the shared libraries compiled , I
had to modify Makefile.shlib to include
support for sco . I would be interested to know if there's another
way to get this working .
If oyu haven't got it working , I've attached my version of
'Makefile.shlib' you can take a look at it.
If you're going to try this then I think you'll have to remove the
CFLAGS component in 'Makefile.port'
because the '-dy ' does something completely different on the
SCO native C compiler as against the
GNU C compiler . but the LDFLAGS component canremain the same (
LDFLAGS += -Wl,-Bexport ).

2) Were you able to get libpq++ to compile successfully ? I could only
get it to work by using
GNU c/c++ compilation system (ersion 2.95.2). and I also had to use
this on the command line to make :
make all COPT="-g -DSTDC_HEADERS" . You also have to make changes
to the 'templates/sco' file to
make provision for the new compiler & compiler tools that you're
using (namely gcc,flex,bison etc. etc.).

Best Regards,
Charles.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Makefile.shlib text/plain 8.7 KB