Re: pgsql: Remove the adminpack contrib extension

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Remove the adminpack contrib extension
Date: 2024-03-04 19:43:59
Lists: pgsql-committers

Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> writes:
> The deviation between database names on crake found in the follow-up commit is
> a bit concerning. Too much magic hidden away from the codetree makes it hard
> to get tests right on the first try.

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. I have a non-reporting
buildfarm setup here that I run when it's necessary to debug these
cross-version tests, and it did not show this failure. crake itself
was passing with the pre-16 branches, so I'm mystified why 16 is
different. Anyway, I see it's green now, so all good.