Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL

From: Kyle Bateman <kyle(at)actarg(dot)com>
To: Ed Loehr <ELOEHR(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-12-07 18:36:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ed Loehr wrote:

> Kyle Bateman wrote:
>
> > Now again, these are just suggestions, but I think the following are good ideas:
> >
> > 3. Do not disclose these bids to the public
>
> > 4. Do not disclose the received pledges to date to the public
>
> I'm curious about your rationale for 3 and 4. Why not disclose bid amounts (not bidders) and
> received pledge amounts (not pledgers) to the public prior to the work being completed? What
> do you think would happen?
>
> Ed Loehr

I'm not really that strong on those issues. I just think if I were setting it up that's
probably the way I would do it to try to maximize the amount of money actually raised and
perhaps keep things a bit more discrete for the developers.

I don't think anything really bad would happen if people know what the numbers are. You could
in fact figure out about what the numbers were anyway by placing a pledge and watching the
change in the percentage. That might be a good reason for hiding them right there... :)

Attachment Content-Type Size
kyle.vcf text/x-vcard 291 bytes