Is there a maintainer for ecpg? patch included

From: Christof Petig <christof(dot)petig(at)wtal(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there a maintainer for ecpg? patch included
Date: 1999-09-16 12:20:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Pgsql Wizards,

I posted this message three weeks ago on pgsql-bugs and got no reply.
Is there a maintainer for ecpg? I have also trapped some other bugs /
oddities (e.g. upper case for table names etc. gets lost even if
quoted).

The patch does
- enables the use of bool variables in fields which might become NULL.
Up to now the lib told you that NULL is not a bool variable, even if
you provided an indicator.

- the second patch checks whether a value is null and issues an error if
no indicator is provided.

Sidenote: IIRC, the variable should be left alone if the value is NULL.
ECPGlib sets it's value to 0 on NULL. Is this a violation of the
standard?

Regards
Christof

PS: I offer some time for ecpg if there is no current maintainer. Or
should I address another list? (pgsql-interfaces?)

Attachment Content-Type Size
ecpg.patch text/plain 1.7 KB