RewriteDefine.c : Rule size

From: Olivier Ertz <ertz(at)illite(dot)u-strasbg(dot)fr>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RewriteDefine.c : Rule size
Date: 1999-07-08 16:15:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I'm using Postgres 6.4.2.
I want to create a view, but a message appear :
ERROR: DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.
What could be the solution to avoid the problem? In fact, I have 31
columns in a table, and i want to make a view on this table (with
a line restrict = WHERE clause).
I watched the RewriteDefine.c code and saw :
#define RULE_PLAN_SIZE BLCKSZ
I thought changing the value of this size, but I don't find the
place to modify the BLCKSZ value.
But, before doing the modification and recompile, I would like to
have your opinion on the problem...perhaps is there an easier way to
resolve the problem.

Thank you for answering

--
ERTZ Olivier - ertz(at)illite(dot)u-strasbg(dot)fr - Tel 03 88 35 85 87
Etudiant DESS Informatique | Stagiaire EOST/ULP-CGS