ODBC Connectivity....

From: srihari mule <srihari(at)bluestar(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: srihari(at)bluestar(dot)co(dot)in
Subject: ODBC Connectivity....
Date: 1999-07-05 09:54:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am trying to connect to postgresql, I am getting an error message
'User
authentication failed #210'. Can you please help me in connecting to the
database.

I have the following installed

Client System
-------------
1. Windows 95
2. PostgreSQL ODBC Driver (PsqlODBC) v 06-40-0006
(Insight Distribution Systems)
3. MS Access 97

Server System
-------------
1. Linux
2. Apache Server
3. PostgreSQL v6_4_2

ODBC Connection Checklist
--------------------------

ODBC Driver Data Source Checks
1.Valid and resolvable hostname.
- entered an valid hostname.
2.Valid port number. (default is 5432)
- port number is set to default.
3.Valid and existing database name.
- database is valid and exists.
4.Valid user name.
- user name is valid and exists.
5.Valid password for the specified user.
(Required if pg_hba.config is set to password
authenticate your client.)
- valid password entered

PostgreSQL Server Checks
1.Postmaster must be running.
- Postmaster started and running.
2.Postmaster must run with the -i option to allow remote
connections.
- Postmaster started with -i option.
( when I am trying to connect from MS Access using option
'Get External Data' and on server side I have logged into
the postgres account 'User authentication failed' message
is displayed. )

3.The pg_hba.conf file in $PGPATH/data directory must be configured
to allow your remote host to connect.
- checked pg_hba.conf file this has the following settings

Thankyou,

Srihari