wild card functions in select statement?

From: "Gary Lazarus" <Gary_Lazarus(at)ckpg(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: wild card functions in select statement?
Date: 1999-07-05 02:48:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'd like to execute a 'select' statement that is built from an HTML form,
using wild cards to get a 'smart listing' from my PostgreSQL database.

Something like; Select * from esdb where uid='Gary' and pass='*' and
temp='*.pdf'

This way I could get a complete data extraction of all accounts with a uid
of Gary, indifferent to the password, and with a .pdf assigned.

Are there available wild cards?

Thanks,
Gary Lazarus