Re: Real Programmers (was: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6)

From: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
To: Jan Wieck <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Bernard Frankpitt <frankpit(at)pop(dot)dn(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Real Programmers (was: [HACKERS] Priorities for 6.6)
Date: 1999-06-10 02:34:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Wieck wrote:

> > I re-read the Real Programmers don't use Pascal ---- it beats writing
> > this damned proposal I'm working on. If the line about Real Programmers
> > use goto's is anything to go by, then you should nominate Vadim as the
> > v6.5 Real Programmer. You should _see_ all those gotos in nbtree.c!
> > He's done a fine job with them too.

Unfortunately, I use loops in 9 cases of 10, seems
like I have no chance to win nomination -:(
Though, you should _see_ gotos in heapam.c - maybe there
is still some chance for me.
-:)

Actually, I just don't think that breaks in loops are always better
than gotos.

> Vadim is surely one of the real programmers in our project.
> It's not only that he isn't afraid using GOTO's. He also

Like someone didn't afraid to use siglongjmp in elog.c.

> know's very well how to speed things up by complicating the
> code :-)

-:)

VAdim