Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, David Hartwig <daybee(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date: 1999-03-03 16:41:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Michael Davis wrote:

> I will fix the permission denied problem by granting access to these tables
> to the Admin user. I don't think this is the real cause of my problem. The
> null issue is the real problem Considering your response, does this mean I
> am the first user to encounter this issue? I am not very satisfied with

<snip>

> Could this problem be fixed in the ODBC driver of does it need to be fixed
> in PostgreSQL? None of the commercial databases that I have used (including
> Oracle) support the syntax you are suggesting. I wonder how this works with
> SQL Server?

It really should be fixed in the backend. I don't want to get into parsing sql
strings too much. From what I've heard, its a fairly simple change to make
"col=null" work like "col isnull", and someone else on the list mentioned they
did it.

Can we just get this into the next release of Postgres?

Byron