Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

From: "jose' soares" <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
To: Valerio Santinelli <tanis(at)mediacom(dot)it>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date: 1999-03-03 13:17:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Valerio Santinelli ha scritto:

> Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
>
> > Michael Davis wrote:
> >
> > > Here is the psqlodbc.log file. The first time the form opens, it correctly
> > > opens the first rentalorder. I immediately moved to the new record in
> > > Access which opens a message box with an ODBC error (no description). I the
> > > blank rental order looks okay but the rental order lines records all have
> > > errors. Even if I move back to a valid record, the order lines will show
> > > only errors.
> > >
> > The second problem is this:
> >
> > conn=153237224, query='SELECT "RentalOrders"."rentalorderlinesid" FROM "rentalorderlines"
> > "RentalOrders" WHERE ("rentalorderid" = NULL ) '
> > ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "null"'
> > STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=1, errmsg='Error while executing the query'
> >
> > Since postgres will not recognize the syntax (where 'col' = null)... it only recognizes
> > "isnull". I was hoping someone would have added the ability for the parser to handle this at
> > some point (Hey Dave, maybe you could contribute something here man :-).
>
> The second problem is affecting my system as well.. do you think that there's a way around it without waiting for someone to patch the PostgreSQL code ?
>
> --
>

> Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
> [tanis(at)mediacom(dot)it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]

When I started to use Access97 with PostgreSQL I had this problem too and I made a change to ./src/backend/parser/gram.y
to make Access recognize the syntax "column_name" = NULL and it works fine now.
Here attached the patch to gram.y.

Buona fortuna.

-Jose'-
"No other success in life can compensate for failure in the home" (David O. McKay)